The mission of our school community is to develop knowledgeable, inquiring and caring young people who become confident lifelong learners.
CORE VALUES STATEMENTS
- We believe that our students will be curious, independent learners who embrace academic challenges and think in a creative and critical manner.
- We believe that our students will be effective and proficient communicators.
- We believe that interdisciplinary coursework strengthens the depth of student knowledge.
- We believe that promoting student empowerment fosters collaborative leadership and decision-making.
- We believe heterogeneity enhances the academic, social and cultural experience and fosters tolerance and a diversity of ideas, perspectives and opportunities.
- We believe that learning through experience helps us to gain respect for others and ourselves.
- We believe that well-rounded students participate in co-curricular activities, including arts, athletics, and community service, in order to develop a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
- We believe that we are all citizens in a global community and are committed to social responsibility.
- We believe that maintaining active community partnerships enriches and benefits students, the school, and our community.
- We believe that accepting challenges through risk taking prepares students to face the demands of the 21st century.
Bow High School 21st Century Expectations for Student Learning
- Students will embrace responsibility for their education by challenging themselves to take risks.
- Students will effectively analyze and synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Students will be confident and effective communicators through written, verbal, digital and creative expression.
- Students will exhibit mastery application of problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate collaborative and adaptive capabilities.
- Students will show evidence of personal, social, civic and global responsibility.