Our intention at Bow High School is to challenge each student academically. Some students, however, may wish to challenge themselves beyond the general curriculum requirements. For these students, Bow High School will offer an honors option. Students may choose to complete an honors option in any course not designated Advanced Placement. Upon successful completion of honors option requirements, students will receive an honors designation on their academic records.
1. develop an honors option plan with the classroom teacher, detailing a timeline of activities the student will engage in throughout the semester and as part of their honors option requirement;
2. Students and teachers will select one or more activities to complete from the following list:
a. selected readings,
b. interdisciplinary projects,
c. problem-solving or inquiry-based projects,
d. development and/or public presentation of one’s work and/or
e. in-depth and expanded study of specific curricular areas;
3. complete a learning journal of outside reading assignments and other learning activities associated with the honors option;
4. demonstrate leadership qualities in the classroom;
5. demonstrate self-direction and motivation as a learner, as well as exemplary work habits;
6. demonstrate mastery of fundamental concepts; and
7. complete a self-evaluation.