The Capital Area Student Leadership program encourages students to become active, effective participants and leaders in their schools and community. The goals of CASL are:
• To recruit sophomores from area high schools (Bishop Brady, Bow, Concord Christian, Concord, the Derryfield School, Hopkinton, John Stark, Merrimack Valley, Parker Academy, Pembroke Academy, and Pittsfield) who show leadership potential and young adults likely to assume greater community responsibilities. The CASL program has graduated over 475 students over the last two decades.
• To inspire students to develop, refine and utilize their leadership skills in order to contribute to the greater Concord community.
• To educate students about local issues through the perspective of community leaders.
• To demonstrate problem-solving methods when dealing with opportunities and challenges within the greater Concord community.
• To create a dialogue and develop a network among the students and local leaders.
• To encourage students to recognize and develop leadership styles, skills and roles.
NOW ACCEPTING applications for CASL Class of 2017. Click here to fill out the application online. It can also be printed and filled out manually (attached below). Please print clearly. The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. on December, 12, 2016.